The following information was sourced directly from Microsoft Help tutorials and the Google Help community, accessible at the links below:
Outlook can automatically set up accounts from many popular ISPs, as well as e-mail service providers such as AOL, Gmail, MobileMe, Windows Live Hotmail, and Yahoo. If Outlook can't set up an account automatically, you will need some information about your account such as the account type and addresses of mail servers. Outlook supports both POP and IMAP e-mail accounts.
Enabling IMAP in Gmail
Your ATS Gmail account will require you to enable POP or IMAP access through its website before you can use the account in Outlook
1. Open Outlook 2016.
2. Select the File tab.
3. Click on Add Account.
4. Select Manual server or additional server types.
5. Click Next.
6. Select POP or IMAP.
7. Add your user information and log in information.
8. Add the following server information:
9. Go to More Settings.
10. Select the Outgoing Server tab.
11. Check the box for My outgoing server requires authentication.
12. Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
13. In the same window, select the Advanced tab.
14. Verify the following information:
15. Click Ok when finished.
16. Click Next.
17. In this window, make sure both test items are checked (If not, make sure you have completed all the above steps and verified all information is accurate).
18. Click Close.
19. Click Finish.